On the eve of the last day of 2011, I’m reflecting on the top 20 amazing memories and challenges of the year.
- Filmed in England and California and starred in House Hunters International with David Woodhouse
- Said farewell to colleagues made redundant at the Design Council and said hello to new colleagues with the merger of CABE
- Delivered the Design Out Crime programme with a great team and started a new job at the Design Council setting up the Programme Management Office and business planning with a new fab team
- Traveled to California for a much needed holiday during the Royal Wedding
- Traveled to Paris with Rosy to celebrate her birthday and experience the amazing Tarkan in concert
- Rode on the back of David’s scooter through the historic London riots
- Taught a Taste of Turkey dance course and a variety of other belly dance classes
- Rehearsed countless hours with Arabian Dance Theatre and performed in 3 outstanding theatre shows – Under the Sun – in London and Leeds
- Supported David at two of his car events – Cholmondeley Pageant of Power and Donington Vintage Sports Car Club meeting
- Moved out of our flat in Victoria with an unexpected end to our lease
- Moved in and out of hotels for 3 months living mostly in low-budget Tune Hotel
- Got engaged to David Woodhouse during a very romantic dinner at the Hilton on Park Lane
- Planned our wedding activities in 3 months for our immediate family visiting from the US and Worcestershire
- Remembered my grandmother and grandfather 1 year after their passing
- Hosted 6 Hafla on the Hill showcases raising over £1,100
- Performed with Rosy 15 times as Dunya BellyDance including winning 3rd place at the Fantasia group competition
- Completed 90% of our renovations at Long Barn and finally have the open barn enclosed for David’s cars
- Participated on a village plan outreach committee in Berwick St James
- Exchanged contracts on our new house in Battersea London
- Got married to the love of my life David Woodhouse in London with our immediate family – Pat, Mark, Rose, Nicole, Larry, Sevda, Keith, Nicole and Semrin!
Happy New Year! Here’s to a fabulous 2012 that tops 2011!
Here’s to a little rest for you in 2012 after an amazing 2011. Enjoy your new home and come back to see your old home in CA soon. Much love to you both!